Don’t Sweat It
Summer is in full swing and we are in the midst of wedding season. Brides, are you stressing about sweat during your garden wedding? Are you the girl that sweats from nerves? We’re here to tell you, Beat The Summer Heat-Don’t Sweat It.
“Eat This Not That”
1. Hydrate. I feel like a reason isn’t needed but here are some thoughts nonetheless. Water offers many benefits. It helps you to keep cool, but it also helps your body get rid of toxins. Drink lots of water in general but up your game at least 2 weeks prior to your big day. Bonus: Drinking extra water helps to regulate your body temperature.
2. Fruits and veggies have a higher water content which allows your body to easily digest, which
makes less work for your body.
3. Vitamin B 12 rich foods like whole grains, proteins and veggies help with metabolic function
meaning less exertion for your body.
4. Stay away from Salty or Sugary food leading up to your wedding, these are foods your body
struggles to digest. Salt causes water retention, which as it works its way out of your system,
depending on the person, may exit in the form of sweat.
5. Booze. I know, this one will be hard during all the festivities. So, to not totally ruin your fun,
maybe try to spread your drinks out and just don’t go too over board.
A Tip From Owner of Sophia’s Bridal and Lemongrass Photography
“Two words, BABY POWDER. Brides – This is a genius hack. Sprinkle some on your back, belly and legs; voila! Powder of course will absorb the extra moisture. Make sure to use sparingly as the powder can begin to clump.” -Jessica Limeberry
Products to keep you cool the entire day
1. Insoles with cooling liquid gels for comfy and frosty feet. Click Here to check out these on Amazon.
2. A pack of cooling peppermint lip balm for a polar pout. Click Here to get yours!
3. A table fan to keep your Bride and Groom table nice and breezy. (Would also work on the ground aimed under your dress.) Click Here to get your cool on!
4. A towel that cools down to 30 degrees below the average body temperature so you won’t sweat. Ever. (Again, lay this on your lap under your dress, for instant cool down.) Click Here to find yours.
5. Lucky Legs is a cooling energizing leg cream. You can find it Here
Our brides want to look amazing in their Sophia’s Dress on their big day and we want to make sure you feel great too!