It happened. You’re engaged! You’ve nailed down your date and your venue – now what? It’s time to dress shop!
1. Your experience will be unique. There are so many fun (and funny) TV shows now that show us all the ins and out of weddings, particularly wedding dress shopping. While these are fun to binge watch – sometimes they give us unrealistic expectations of hour your experience will be. At Sophia’s Bridal, Tux, and Prom, we want everyone’s experience to be perfectly them. They may be loud and emotional, or they may be shy and quite. Both are perfect.
2. Do some research before you start but don’t over think it. Take a look around, see what styles you are drawn to and what gets you excited! But in a Pinterest world, beware of getting to set on one thing! So many brides come in with one idea, and leave with something totally different.
3. Set a budget. The worst thing that could happen is that you come in, try on a gown you absolutely love, and find out you can’t afford it. There are gorgeous gowns at every price range, and we are here to help you find the perfect one!
4. Allow yourself plenty of time to order your gown. Some gowns take 6-8 months to order. Remember that!
5. Trust in the moment and be prepared to commit. You never know when you will find the one – come knowing you could have the feeling of falling head over heels for the dress. You don’t want to miss it because you were just “trying a few on”.
6. Keep your entourage small and meaningful. Too many guests can be overwhelming when trying to make such a huge purchase. Don’t be afraid to limit it. Know what you’re comfortable with – the most important thing is that you enjoy the experience.
7. Shop for your current body. You are beautiful. We want to help you dress the body you have. You never want to look for something for a body you wish you had, or one you think you may have in 6 months. Alterations are amazing – so dresses can be taken in if that happens.
8. Don’t put too much importance on pictures when trying on the gown. When you’re thinking more about taking a picture then taking in the moment, you may miss it. Let yourself be submerged in the experience. You won’t regret it!
9. Don’t buy online. Just trust us on this one. We’ve had so many horror stories – and you miss out on the fun part – the experience!
10. Enjoy yourself. This is one of the best times of your life. Enjoy every second. Take a deep breath and let the people around you shower you with love while we treat you like a princess for the day!