Laura + Frank had a beautiful lake side wedding surrounded by family, friends & love on a lovely July afternoon.
When it was time for Laura and Frank to get married, they made sure to focus on family and a strong spiritual presence
What was your grooms reaction to seeing you for the first time in your wedding dress?
He cried, Frank is very emotional! He also cried throughout the ceremony, while I was all smiles and gitty!
What piece of advice would you give brides planning now?
- Be true to yourself, be respectful of everyone’s opinion, do what you feel is best for you and your groom.
- Create a budget, knowing there will always be a forgotten expense(s).
- Stand tall, suck in your gut, don’t slouch. (I found myself too often relaxed in my posture. Reflected in many photos) 🙁
- DO NOT hang your dress on the hanger, hang it on the silk straps, they are on your dress for a reason! I did not do this, I stretched out my lace bodice. 🙁
- Include your groom, share your thoughts and ideas even if he does not appear interested. After all, he is a very important part of the wedding day… Without him you would not be getting married.
- REMEMBER, this is the first day of the rest of your life together. Put energy on creating a life to share from this day forward… Do not just focus on “the wedding day.”
What was your favorite detail/element of your wedding?
- The focus was on family and having a strong spiritual presence!
- Having family and close friends present. We could have had 400 guests, kept it at 120.
Did you take a honeymoon? Where? If not – what is your dream location?
Not yet, a honeymoon was not a priority. In August we took Frank’s parents to New York to visit family, knowing this would be the last time they would be able to travel the distance. Dream honeymoon would be seeing the Northern Lights.
My advice to other older brides
Allow yourself the time to be pampered by others, and keep in mind to include others in this time. Reflecting in prayer of life’s journey that needed to be traveled to get to this place in life!
If you are a Sophia’s bride, submit your story here to be featured on our blog! We love seeing your wedding day vision come together and we think it should be shared with the world!